"Female" Athletes

"I think if I were a man, I would have been in that conversation a long, long time ago. Like six, seven or eight years ago."

This is a quote from Serena Williams. I wanted to share one of the articles that I read this from as it touches on our discussion on Feminism from a different perspective. In the sporting environment, when people discuss great athletes or greatest athletes there ALWAYS the distinction being made that an athlete is female and this distinction is never made when that athlete is male. I find this interesting because it sort of plays into the stereotype without people even noticing it.

http://girltalkhq.com/serena-williams-on-dreaming-big-refusing-to-be-called-the-worlds-greatest-female-athlete/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Education Status Quo Disrupter

Op-Ed Topic

Polirization